Coronavirus (COVID-19) - OFFICE CLOSED
As of Monday the 23rd March the offices of GL Communities will be closed and all services will go through the following phone lines:
- Advice Line 01452 306581 is NOT being monitored please use main office.
- Main Office - 01452 505544 (your call will be redirected please be patient) or 07857084221 9:00am to 4:00pm Monday-Friday
- Phoenix Centre please call - 07398311347 speak to Steve 9:30am to 4:00pm Monday-Friday
- The Gateway please call - 07590231824 speak to Sam 9:30am to 2:30pm Monday-Friday
- The Hub in Podsmead please call - 07545966362 speak to Les
- For Community Support please call - 07907867244 between 9am and 11am Monday to Friday and speak to Sandy
If you need advice or support please give us a call.
Please be patient with our staff when you call in this time of national crisis.
5 steps to mental wellbeing
Evidence suggests there are 5 steps we can all take to improve our mental wellbeing.
If you give them a try, you may feel happier, more positive and able to get the most from life.
- Connect – connect with the people around you: your family, friends, colleagues and neighbours. Spend time developing these relationships. Learn more in Connect for mental wellbeing.
- Be active – you don't have to go to the gym. Take a walk, go cycling or play a game of football. Find an activity that you enjoy and make it a part of your life. Learn more in Get active for mental wellbeing.
- Keep learning – learning new skills can give you a sense of achievement and a new confidence. So why not sign up for that cooking course, start learning to play a musical instrument, or figure out how to fix your bike? Find out more in Learn for mental wellbeing.
- Give to others – even the smallest act can count, whether it's a smile, a thank you or a kind word. Larger acts, such as volunteering at your local community centre, can improve your mental wellbeing and help you build new social networks. Learn more in Give for mental wellbeing.
- Be mindful – be more aware of the present moment, including your thoughts and feelings, your body and the world around you. Some people call this awareness "mindfulness". It can positively change the way you feel about life and how you approach challenges. Learn more in Mindfulness for mental wellbeing.
Who we are?
Improve your self-esteem and happiness.
Involvement in your community Become more active through sport and leisure activities.
Volunteering in something you enjoy Build up relationships.
Training and education.
What we offer?
Free and confidential for people aged over 18.
Connects you to local services, organisations and group.
Meet your wider social needs.
Help finding activities in your area.
Provides information to help you make informed choices.
How to access the service?
We can take direct self-referrals or from health professionals, including GP surgeries, Integrated Community Teams or community organisations.
Contact directly by visiting the Phoenix Centre on a Monday or Tuesday.
Where are we?
Because of the Coronavirus (CORVID-19) we have had to cancel all upcoming events until futher notice. Please visit this page to keep upto date when the events are available again.
Thank you for your understanding of the situation.