Role: Lead Creative Volunteer
Where: Phoenix Centre
Come and join a wonderful team of volunteers and staff at the Phoenix Centre for the role of Lead Creative Volunteer.
At the Phoenix Centre we offer, a safe place for community members with additional needs to come together, within a community setting.
We are in need of a volunteer that would kindly give some time to help people with additional needs to learn new creative skills at the Phoenix Centre. This could be Music, Light Sports, GLEE Club, Arts and any other creative skills.
This is an unpaid role, however we do offer support with training and development.
Ideally you have lead creative workshops in a similar setting; however training can be given for the right person.
Volunteering is a much or as little time you can spare – it all makes a difference.
This role is subject to an Enhanced DBS.
· Great people and communication skills
· Ability to setup and Lead creative workshops from Arts and Crafts to Music workshops as well as support staff in the smooth running of activities.
· An interest in creative activities these could be: Decoupage, Painting & Drawing, Flower arranging, Sewing, Knitting, Crotchet, IT (painting and creative programs) using tablet to create, Gardening, Singing etc.
· Experience working with people with a variety of abilities.
· Valued work experience and ability to fill in the gaps of unemployment.
· References for future work etc.
· Personal growth and training.
· Making a difference to the community.
· Working with a wide range of people.
There are many benefits in volunteering and we want you to make the best of your own personal goals within this community scheme like; training, personal development, socializing to name but a few. It is even been reported that it’s good for your health (mind and body).
Alternatively you can call: 01452 505544Trinity Centre Norbury Avenue Matson Gloucester GL4 6AG